Northern Colorado Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding
By frenchy
Right on, looks like you figured out how to upload. That's a sweet photo and almost makes the conditions look halfway decent. Good thing we have a refresh on the horizon...

I just updated the thread title. Thanks for that!
telejet9 liked this
By frenchy
Has anyone been up lately and can provide an updated avi and riding report? Especially curious to know how much new snow fell over the Christmas storm cycle (Fri-Mon), how the new snow's bonding to the old snow, overall stability, and riding conditions. Thinking about maybe hitting something on the west side tomorrow. Any info and visuals much appreciated.
By GPP33
Went up on Sunday and skied the N Diamond trees. It was cold and very windy. All snow, including below tree line was wind affected and there was massive amounts of wind loading taking place above tree line, mostly on easterly slopes but the wind seemed to be coming from every direction. Coverage is excellent, be careful of logs at lower elevations. We didn't notice any signs of instability and didn't see any recent activity, natural or skier triggered.
frenchy liked this
By Erick
Been riding for a week straight up there. Over thirty inches with the last two storms. Winds stripped any new snow from above tree line. It did load the trees up. Still killer snow on n facing aspects today. We did have a ski triggered avy on Friday. It was on a s aspect at 10,550. Slide on old rotted and crusty pack. Crown was any where from 12 to 20 in and propagated about 200ft wide. Was caused when second rider in our group dropped. Broke on his first turn and was down and out to watch it slide from the bottom. No one caught or hurt. It moved suprising slow. Rode lines 500ft away all day with no problem. Just hit a land mind.
frenchy liked this
By mw88888888
Great shot from new years. It was a little more wind blown and affected today, Friday Jan 5th.
Attachments
2nd run tracks.jpg
2nd run tracks.jpg (118.13 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
frenchy liked this
By shantyman
that a nasty trap. seen that before. on a positive note, friday skiing was unreal. my face still hurts. not a photo day, plus the whole resizing of the pics is over my head
By 1dankplank
It says it was triggered to provide safe decent from hwy 14. I didn't think you could legally park at that spot anymore, only at the Lake Agnes trail head. Am I correct?
shantyman liked this
By shantyman
the signs state basically no parking between cp and agnes, so technically you are correct 1dp. then too parking for the "taliban trees" or whatever its called (the big pull off less than a half mile west of the cp lot) is illegal as well. i asked a plow driver 2 years age if it was cool to park at that corner and he said "as long as your outside the white line he didn't care" I've parked at both spots numerous times since the signs went up without any problems. any one ever have an issue?
1dankplank liked this
By mw88888888
Excellent skiing in the trees yesterday, really able to charge it without worrying much about the deadfall, it's finally winter!

I did want to know if anyone knows Robert Tancau from Wellington - first one in the outhouse on Monday and I found something left on the floor I'd like to get back to him - but not sure if the address is valid! Send me a PM - or this is going into the mail to the address I have! I would think he was there on Sunday, but who knows.
By d-rock
Not sure if you can mail a turd...... 😂
By d-rock
Got back to the old stomping grounds yesterday. Beautiful day, with bluebird skies, little to no wind, and soft snow to slide on! Coverage was good, even trough the trees. No sharks were encountered. No cracking or collapsing during the day. The snow surface was a lil wind effected up high. Cheers!
pb1.jpg
Add description
pb1.jpg (152.89 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
pb2.jpg
Add description
pb2.jpg (258.45 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
pb3.jpg
Add description
pb3.jpg (391.86 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
pb6.jpg
Add description
pb6.jpg (134.98 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
pb4.jpg
Add description
pb4.jpg (199.85 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
pb5.jpg
Add description
pb5.jpg (322.11 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
1dankplank liked this
Routt Conditions 2018-2019

This weekend didn't suck! Tree skiing in North Ro[…]

CP Conditions 2018-2019

Sat was fun!!!! A little late posting, but it was […]

Steamboat Uphill Access Policy

It's lost on me why you wouldn't choose a walk in […]

Shit to Ski Off I-70

Nuts! I just wanted to upload one moar pic. One[…]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!