Northern Colorado Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding
By mira.mikes
Hi,

I am quite new in backcountry skiing. And I having problem with soring inner ankles after several miles.
top/inside of bruising/pain probably coming from pressing my boots to ankles.
I have crispi Antarctic BC boots which are lovely otherwise. I got a same problem with different boots too.
Anyone got similar problem?

Any help for me?

Thanks in advance

mira
By bill
our you loosening the top buckles? our you undoing the forward lean so your angle can move?
By mira.mikes
bill wrote:our you loosening the top buckles? our you undoing the forward lean so your angle can move?
my BC boots having just shoelaces ... maybe I should find a tricky way how to tight them at tip of boot and keep them bit loose on top.
I am preparing myself for multi-day BC trip and I am bit scary how I would perform with this pain :(
By telejet9
If you don't have them, custom footbeds can help correct foot angle and anchor your foot. I have a pair of Silas footbeds from Outpost Sunsport (Ft. Collins) which work great.
By mira.mikes
telejet9 wrote:If you don't have them, custom footbeds can help correct foot angle and anchor your foot. I have a pair of Silas footbeds from Outpost Sunsport (Ft. Collins) which work great.
No I don't have custom footbeds. They do really such a magic?
I couldn't find Silas by google but I found Sidas insoles ... Did you meant them?
By telejet9
Sorry that was a typo. You are correct...Sidas footbeds. Outpost can heat them up and custom form them to your foot. They are much better than a standard footbed.
By mira.mikes
Ok and about just get some lower boots which not interfere with my ankles?
Or boots which are softer? Is ankle support so crucial for BC skiing?
By telejet9
Everyone has their own preference. There is no right or wrong when it comes to gear. Go out and have fun sliding down the hill!
Routt Conditions 2018-2019

This weekend didn't suck! Tree skiing in North Ro[…]

CP Conditions 2018-2019

Sat was fun!!!! A little late posting, but it was […]

Steamboat Uphill Access Policy

It's lost on me why you wouldn't choose a walk in […]

Shit to Ski Off I-70

Nuts! I just wanted to upload one moar pic. One[…]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!