Northern Colorado Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding
By Erick
Well, this is my 12th year riding Cameron and 32nd day of the year up there this season...I witnessed the sd slide but what we rolled up to this morning in seven Utes was terrifying! Seven Utes mountain slide all the way across to the ground. The debris field was nothing but trees!!! A mountain that had tree shots is now an open bowl. The crown was thirty feet is some spots! We could visible see dirt...I only got one thing to say and that is if your riding cp we should be in flashing red and if your dumb enough so step on a sw-se aspect your probably not a smart person and quality control will take over this week.
By Erick
By shantyman
ouch!! thanks for the great photos. huge dumps and huge slides, what a few weeks?
By Matt Wood
Makes me think how massive S. Diamond would go now had it not already cleansed itself. Thankful for my solid and my pass lately.
By telejet9
Thanks for posting Erick! We were planning on tip-toeing through the mellow trees this weekend...this confirms it. If you haven't already, can you submit an observation to CAIC as they can always use the data?
By shantyman
wonderful day at the pass. lots of nice folks enjoying the powder and matchlight conditions.
By nateo8
Erick wrote:Well, this is my 12th year riding Cameron and 32nd day of the year up there this season...I witnessed the sd slide but what we rolled up to this morning in seven Utes was terrifying! Seven Utes mountain slide all the way across to the ground. The debris field was nothing but trees!!! A mountain that had tree shots is now an open bowl. The crown was thirty feet is some spots! We could visible see dirt...I only got one thing to say and that is if your riding cp we should be in flashing red and if your dumb enough so step on a sw-se aspect your probably not a smart person and quality control will take over this week.
Did you submit an obs to caic? I couldnt find anything on this slide?!
By d-rock
^^^ No, he didn't. I check the obs section pretty religiously.

Great pics Shantyman. Love the lighting in the first one! Keep sharing.
Last edited by d-rock on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By shantyman
should have gone back today Image
By Erick
Hey guys...sorry for not reporting slides to caic. I don't have internet, phone or computer so it's even hard for me to post here...These last two weeks have been insane! Hope everyone is finding the white room and staying safe out there. To the stoke!!!Image
By Matt Wood
Guess she's pretty "stable" now ^
Dude, no interweb Eric? Lucky
By d-rock
"I don't have internet, phone or computer so it's even hard for me to post here"

Come on, man. If you can post here, you can submit an observation.

Yes, the last two weeks have been GREAT! Very nice air time!

Great pic of South Diamond SkiFreak.
By telejet9
What an amazing past week it's been! Every day delivered the goods. Nice pics everyone.

Thursday at Loveland Ski Area was unreal.

Sat offered blue skies and icing on the trees. One of those days that you just want to ski and not stop to take photos.

Took a friend out for his first bc day on Sunday. He's going to have a false sense of what is normal. Lots of rime and snow up high gave an interesting perspective on the rock.

Skinning above treeline on Monday was like being inside of a ping pong ball. Super tough to navigate. You just had to know where to go and move by feel. Snow was still in great shape.

We did not push the angle at all this past weekend. Stability was good on low angle slopes. The snow was definitely more creamy (higher water content) than typical pixie dust we tend to receive.
Routt Conditions 2018-2019

This weekend didn't suck! Tree skiing in North Ro[…]

CP Conditions 2018-2019

Sat was fun!!!! A little late posting, but it was […]

Steamboat Uphill Access Policy

It's lost on me why you wouldn't choose a walk in […]

Shit to Ski Off I-70

Nuts! I just wanted to upload one moar pic. One[…]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!