Northern Colorado Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding
By ianeloski
I feel like there is more stuff to ski just off I-70 in the Summit area than in the Tenmile. Well until it consolidates and then it is game on. A couple of them Grand County Folk came over to ski and party and I wanted to show them a ridge that I had skied a lot last year but had not made it to this year. I am putting this in hopes of future tours in the area to the east and west.

Early on skiing up through the aspens Image

On to the Dead Lodge Pole Forest

Nearing the ridge

Drock is Happy to get somewhere after more than two hours of skinning

A quick ski with a peak in the background (name it and I owe you beer)

Looking at a future lines (again name it and I owe you beer)Image
Drock sliding to Uneva and Copper
More lines and beauty

Craig, Look at that form....Image

Drock and his :twisted: Sticks , Hippy :roll: Image

Funny little story, I was telling the guys that I didn't understand why people thought there were to many people in Summit. Then on the drive home to Breckenridge I was cussing all the stupid people.... Oh well...

Ski some shit post it up.....
By soylent green
"What big eyes you have" Where's my beer.
By telejet9
Buffalo Mtn in the first pic with the question and Red Peak in the second.

Nice to see you guys getting WAY back in there. Scouting Demming Drop?
By soylent green
"big bad wolf" You owe me another beer.
By d-rock
What a great Super Tour Saturday! Around 8 miles and a lil over 3000 vert. Bluebird, no wind, boot top softness, and nobody else around.
Look like Ian owes TJ9 a couple of beers!

A few more pics...

By telejet9
Nah, give em to Soylent. He can probably use them more than me. :wink:
By ianeloski
SG, I believe that WBEYH is on the north side you have, but you are right about the Wolf.. Let's, ski Dry Gulch sometime soon, I have Fridays and Saturdays off...

TJ, Want to ski that southern aspect of Buffalo, It looks like a really fun line....

Here comes the snow, for I-70....
By soylent green
Seriously, one of my favorite TR's in a while. I'd love to go in that area with you sometime. I've been seriously lacking in adding stoke on here. New Years resolution (more stoke, less snark).
By d-rock
Here is some more shit to ski off I-70. I-70 is usually a hot mess over the weekend, maybe you have heard about it. Today, not so much, except south aspects. After rockin out to "Party all the time" by Eddie Murphy in the parking lot, we were pumped up to hit the skin track. I think my legs were pumped out halfway up. That's ok, cause Ian charged it, even with a modest hangover! A mostly bluebird day with a brisk breeze at and above treeline. I think we encountered ever single snow surface, but for the most part it was great.

Ian's new sponsor

Topping out

Our tracks from the saddle

A couple of treeline laps provided the best snow

The last up, for the final ski out

The leftovers from the weekend, still soft

Stay tuned for more shit to ski off I-70!!!!! 8)
By ianeloski
Skied some more stuff off of I-70, it's been a month since I have been in the woods which is way to long. Hockey and Hangovers made this I-70 endeavor a much slower one but still very fruitful. It's great to have a partner that you communicate well with and is willing to look at things a different way even if they have more or less experience.
Ran into a group of women out there today which was really refreshing to see them getting after it. There where choosing some ballsy lines but they seemed confident in there choices and this was not there first rodeo. With mild winds and mostly sunny skis we got to ski from 12ish today and then do some shorter laps. Dry Gulch is becoming on of my favorite spots due to snow quality, lack of people, terrain and views.

Hiking towards the objective
Nobody around
We had a cold one before the ski out and discussed last years unfortunate avalanche on loveland pass. RIP Image
By Fee
Awesome stoke!
By ianeloski
OMAHA, OMAHA. With sore feet from over a 100 days this year I called off a tour last night, everybody was on the fence as well. The plan for today was to ski one Six Senses lap with a friend the pon him off on others and relax. With the lack of visibility and a doubtful opening upper mountain I opted to go tour with my friend. It was a good decision but I wish others were there as well.
A couple pics from the day.....

By d-rock
Are you saying you missed me :lol: The conditions look ok, I guess! Had a great afternoon on the Jane. Riflesight trees.....
By ianeloski
Yes, I missed you, because you would have told me not to go down the drainage.
I was reminded how bad it sucked...... . :roll:
Routt Conditions 2018-2019

This weekend didn't suck! Tree skiing in North Ro[…]

CP Conditions 2018-2019

Sat was fun!!!! A little late posting, but it was […]

Steamboat Uphill Access Policy

It's lost on me why you wouldn't choose a walk in […]

Shit to Ski Off I-70

Nuts! I just wanted to upload one moar pic. One[…]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!