Northern Colorado Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding
Fuck it, I'm done skiing for the season. Let's see some non ski stoke and keep the Buzz buzzing all summer. Share photos and trip reports of whatever weird shit gets you through it: knitting, collecting Polish pottery, baking gluton-free muffins, extreme gardening, whatever.

Here's some angling stoke from the last couple days. Fishing dry-flys on the small stream that runs through Glen Haven. Caught seven of the little Brown sons of bitches today, the biggest about 12 inches with heady colors. I'm dabbling in this hippy bullshit called "Tenkara", which is the traditional Japanese form of fly-fishing. There's no reel and you typically use a very simple non discreet fly-pattern called Kebari. The idea behind Tenkara is simplicity, presentation over "match the hatch" Western elitism... Fuck that noise.

:wink:
Last edited by distantfellow on Mon May 21, 2012 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Matt Wood
unprocessed fish sticks. MMMMM
By Nachoconqueso
The gal in the first picture has great lips. Just my type. Know what I mean?
By pilotmurph
"Kebari" must be Japanese for "E/C Caddis."
Image[/img]
By distantfellow
You caught me :lol: Not good enough with the Kebari quite yet. Dabbling... I'm just dabbling in this hippy bullshit, getting a feel for it and seeing if the Birkenstocks fit right and the Patchouli Oil feels good on my skin . :wink:
By distantfellow
Where the fuck is everyone's Off Season Stoke? Are you people still skiing or what? :evil:
By mel
distantfellow wrote:Where the fuck is everyone's Off Season Stoke? Are you people still skiing or what? :evil:
still skiing :D
(Doing my best Rando Steve turn on top of the Dead Dog yesterday)

It was real good, but probably going to call it for the season though after that.
By distantfellow
Beautiful specimen Pilot. Mel, immediately re-post that goddamn awesome ski stoke in a more appropriate thread. :lol:
By mel
Sorry, my bad. Here's some extreme gardening stoke from last season instead.
By the_dude
pilotmurph wrote:"Kebari" must be Japanese for "E/C Caddis."
Image[/img]
good guess. i was gonna guess comparadun.
By distantfellow
That's more like it.

I've been chill'n mostly. Just hanging at the coffee-shop, reading some of the classics, dead heading around the garden, etc... but I did manage to get up a classic Lumpy Ridge route called Pear Buttress with a friend last weekend. Here is some climbing stoke.

On the approach. The Book and Pear Buttress visible in the foreground.

Marissa following splitter hand cracks on the first pitch (linked the first 2 pitches with a 60m rope)

Looking down midway up the incredible pitch three hand-crack. This is THE BEST pitch of 5.8 I've ever climbed! Splitter!!!

Miss Marissa on the last pitch. We managed to climb the route (listed as 5/6 pitches in the guide) in three long 60m pitches. It was the biggest day out climbing I've had since the bone-marrow transplant and felt great. I love Lumpy Ridge!
:wink:
By d-rock
Great stoke everyone...fishing, climbing, gardening AND skiing! Looks like a great day on Dead Dog! Here is some "off season" stoke from me...

Smoke column from 5/16 Can you spot the "bird" in the sky?

Burnout coming together

Night operations around structures

Shooting the Veri Pistol across the Poudre

Big thanks to all the interagencies, crews, engines and firefighters.....no structures lost, no major injuries.
By pilotmurph
No thank you, d-rock! I'll buy you a beer next time you're at the Trailhead.
By telejet9
We all owe you a beer D-rock! Glad to hear you are safe. The AZ fire sounded really nasty.
Routt Conditions 2018-2019

This weekend didn't suck! Tree skiing in North Ro[…]

CP Conditions 2018-2019

Sat was fun!!!! A little late posting, but it was […]

Steamboat Uphill Access Policy

It's lost on me why you wouldn't choose a walk in […]

Shit to Ski Off I-70

Nuts! I just wanted to upload one moar pic. One[…]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!