Home Wx & Avi Reports Forums & Blogs Gear Swap Contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quick review on the Meidjo 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Backcountry Forums Home -> Northern Colorado Backcountry Skiing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdswingr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Quick review on the Meidjo 2.0 Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone else has really seen this binding. It is really phenomenal, at just under two pounds for the pair, it uses the dynafit tech fitting for the toe, and an NTN attachement for the rear. I normally ride Bomber Bishops for my resort days, so I tried these today to compare, and the edge control is comparable.(I added the second springs they provided for this, as the first time I took the out they weren't active enough)
A little back story, I had also use the Rotefella NTN bindings, and always felt like I was on my toes trying to do tele turns, so I abandoned them after about two seasons because they never truly felt comfortable to ski on.
So, yes I was slightly hesitant to try another NTN binding, but am happy to say, they feel great even after only two days on them, one up at Berthoud, and one at Copper.
The step in feature works flawlessly, and everything is very secure.
I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a tele binding that tours well uphill, and has downhill control comparable to bombers.
Jimmyjam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info sdswingr. I am currently on the Rotefella NTN, and also have a pair of the Bishop Bombers for resort days. The bombers definitely have better control than the Rotefella NTN, but they don't tour at all. Is there somewhere these bindings are being demoed? Looks like something worth checking out.
sdswingr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone is demoing them yet, as they have just started being imported as of December.
sdswingr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another good review.
http://www.earnyourturns.com/33251/meidjo-lures-a-luddite/
UberPooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: meidjos suck Reply with quote

I need to chime in on this conversation. I've had a terrible experience with these bindings as well as the people/person who make/s them. So many pieces have broken on this I just feel lucky that I managed to walk away uninjured.

First, the plastic strip that aids the step-in action broke down. Second, the heel piece disintegrated where it mounts to the ski. Third, the spring housing broke mid-turn (lucky that I only fell in an open field of moguls without any trees or people around). It was this third thing that prompted me to email Pierre to get replacement pieces which took weeks to arrive. I managed to epoxy the previous two breakages and still kind of use these bindings. They also kindly included the stiffer springs that I originally ordered months before...

I skied this a few more times, then the toe pin just fell out. I've tried repeatedly to contact them, but all I get is no response. I know this is a new design, a new company, and telemarking in general (telemarking tends to break things, right?) but I need to have some semblance of reliability in the gear I bring into the backcountry in addition to a manufacturer that will back up their products.

That said, if you want a unreliable, but admittedly very fun-skiing and light binding (when everything isn't broken) then go for this binding. Be prepared to buy at least two pairs of these things for spare replacement pieces since the M-Equipment doesn't seem to care about their product or customers once it leaves their shop. And if they do happen to feel like sending replacement parts it'll be at least a month or two before you actually receive it.

$1,000+ with an added fear of my bindings exploding mid-turn convinced me to return to a more reliable binding that's made in the USA.
sdswingr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: meidjos suck Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I am happy to say, I have had zero issues after using them for 20+ days last season.

[quote="UberPooper"]I need to chime in on this conversation. I've had a terrible experience with these bindings as well as the people/person who make/s them. So many pieces have broken on this I just feel lucky that I managed to walk away uninjured.

First, the plastic strip that aids the step-in action broke down. Second, the heel piece disintegrated where it mounts to the ski. Third, the spring housing broke mid-turn (lucky that I only fell in an open field of moguls without any trees or people around). It was this third thing that prompted me to email Pierre to get replacement pieces which took weeks to arrive. I managed to epoxy the previous two breakages and still kind of use these bindings. They also kindly included the stiffer springs that I originally ordered months before...

I skied this a few more times, then the toe pin just fell out. I've tried repeatedly to contact them, but all I get is no response. I know this is a new design, a new company, and telemarking in general (telemarking tends to break things, right?) but I need to have some semblance of reliability in the gear I bring into the backcountry in addition to a manufacturer that will back up their products.

That said, if you want a unreliable, but admittedly very fun-skiing and light binding (when everything isn't broken) then go for this binding. Be prepared to buy at least two pairs of these things for spare replacement pieces since the M-Equipment doesn't seem to care about their product or customers once it leaves their shop. And if they do happen to feel like sending replacement parts it'll be at least a month or two before you actually receive it.

$1,000+ with an added fear of my bindings exploding mid-turn convinced me to return to a more reliable binding that's made in the USA.[/quote
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Backcountry Forums Home -> Northern Colorado Backcountry Skiing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

WEB SITE DISCLAIMER

© 2001-2011 Powderbuzz.com

WordWordPress Tweaks by ADC