Home Wx & Avi Reports Forums & Blogs Gear Swap Contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New BC Rider, looking for partners / mentors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Backcountry Forums Home -> Northern Colorado Backcountry Skiing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alpinisto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: New BC Rider, looking for partners / mentors Reply with quote

Hey folks. I'm new to BC riding, did my first tour last year with a guide using a rented split. Loved every bit of it and now my split, skins, beacon, probe, shovel, etc...all the tools. Moved to Colorado Springs to have better access to the mountains.

I'm taking an AIRE Level 1 course January 20-22 but have no illusions about this suddenly making me qualified to be venturing out without a more experienced partner.

I'm hoping that someone would be interested in doing tours with a newbie. I'm a pretty solid resort rider but am still very much building my backcountry riding skill set. I'd like to get in at least a couple of tours before my AIRE course to get comfortable on my new gear.

I'm a pretty quick learner, am quite fit, and have a very flexible schedule.

Thanks.
Matt Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone took your approach to gaining knowledge and experience the backcountry wouldn't be so full of kooks. Kudos and good luck. Most newbies I know are experts Laughing
Alpinisto

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. Sad but true in everything I think.

I want to die of old age dreaming of the adventures I had when I was younger. Getting swept away in a slide runs counter to that goal. Smile
brett55

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty far from colorado springs, but I go to RMNP sometimes if you are around.
hwy1strat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Colorado Springs and I am also searching for some people to go wtih. I have 2 seasons in the backcountry, my aiare lvl1, and all the avy gear. Let me know if you are still looking for someone to shred with and maybe we can meet up sometime
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Backcountry Forums Home -> Northern Colorado Backcountry Skiing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

WEB SITE DISCLAIMER

© 2001-2011 Powderbuzz.com

WordWordPress Tweaks by ADC